Monday, September 30, 2013

My Mama Always Says, "It Pays to Hint!"

It’s true. My mom always says that whenever I open a gift from her that is exactly what I wanted. I may have even forgotten I wanted it. But, she was paying attention and heard me say I liked it. She always smirks a little and says, “It pays to hint!”

Well, all these years later and mom’s words of wisdom may have paid off! Last Thursday, I took my daughter to her ballet class. While she was doing her thing, I went into the little shop full of cute leotards and tutus. As I was paying for the tights I bought for my little ballerina, I asked, “You guys have adult Zumba classes here, don’t you?”

“Not anymore,” the gal at the register replied.


And there’s my opportunity! “Oh! I just moved here from California. I’m a newly licensed instructor. I was teaching back there. I’d love to find a good Zumba class!”

She walked right into my web, “Oh, really!? Well, here, (hands me a pen and paper), write down your name and number. I’ll give it to the owner (of the dance school). She’s been thinking about bringing it back.”

That was a week ago. I haven’t heard back yet, but I’m not giving up. Even if this doesn’t pan out, I’ll keep looking for a place in town to share my love of Zumba!

No comments:

Post a Comment