Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Confident Heart - Online Bible Study

I have no idea how I stumbled upon the Online Bible Study (OBS) for A Confident Heart, by Renee Swope, but I'm so glad that I did! It is an online bible study with connection points such as blogs, Twitter, and Facebook. I like the fact I can do the study in my own time, but still be connected with others who are also participating in the study.

I am an Excited Newbie. This is my first OBS. Today's blog hop poses three questions:

1. Is this your first study?

 Yes. This is my first Online Bible Study. I have the book for the next study already. I downloaded it a couple of years ago and am looking forward to reading it, studying it, and absorbing it, along with other women.

2. Why did you sign up? 

In many ares of my life, confidence is not an issue. I can stand up in front of a group of people and talk without being nervous. I was a corporate trainer for 5 years, attended Toastmasters, and gave the weekly greeting at my church back in California every week. I also teach Zumba (funny story about a "confidence" eye opener later, watch for a new blog post soon).

Sometimes I doubt myself as a wife and mom. I also look back at so many failures in home based businesses and wonder if I really can make it. When I say make it, I mean replace my corporate income and then some.

Having just moved across the country and not having any friends here, I am excited to make some kind of human connection, even if it is virtual!

3. What do you hope to gain during our study?

I believe my mission is to help people (including myself), be the best they can be, inside and out. I hope this study will give me the tools I need to give myself that extra nudge of confidence, as well as share what I learn with confidence. 

By the way: It's not too late to join! 

The study officially begins this Sunday, October 13. All you need is the A Confident Heart book, a journal & pen, and a Bible! I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment