Thursday, October 10, 2013

Tea + Nirvana = Teavana!

Thanks to Teavana, my love of tea has been renewed!

Hubs, our girl child, and I ventured out toward Austin, Texas this past weekend. We went to the famous Salt Lick BBQ for lunch (YUM!), then went to the mall to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. While we waited for the movie to start, we walked around the mall to check things out.

This mall was much different from the one back in Chico, California! It was more like what I am used to seeing in San Jose, California with some upscale shops (Vera Bradley, The Art of Shaving, to name a few) interspersed with the standards (The Gap, Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works).

As we turned one corner, hubs was hoping I wouldn't notice TEAVANA! They were sampling at the door! Of COURSE I had to stop! There was kind of a clog at the front of the store, where the samples were happening, so I squeezed by the people there and let myself into the store to check everything else out. To my tea-lovin' delight, there were lots more samples! A gal greeted me and started to take me around to each of the 8 or 10 sample stations, describing each of the teas to me and asking how I liked them.

My most very-favorite was a blend of Strawberry Rose Champagne & Peach. They had added some rock sugar to it as well, which enhanced the natural flavors rather than overpowered them.

I installed the Teavana app on my phone right away and quickly started creating blends I thought sounded ah-mazing! I also got signed up on their email list, follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram...yeah, I'm kindda obsessed! I can't wait to try the Pumpkin Spice Brulee. I mean, c'mon! That has happiness written all over it, right?

Do you enjoy tea? What's your favorite kind of tea to drink?



No comments:

Post a Comment