Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Happy Things!

Life gets so dang NEGATIVE sometimes! I get notifications from a certain news station on my phone, constantly alerting me to how scary this world is. Work drains my life force. Life, in general, can be quite harsh.

I, however, am a positive person! At least, I try to be. Some days it comes more naturally than others.

Today, I thought it would be fun to post some things that make me happy! In no particular order:

  • Tea
  • Chai tea
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte (or just pumpkin creamer in my home brewed coffee)
  • George Strait music (especially "There's a New Kid in Town" this time of year)
  • Zumba (must be practiced at 100% or more capacity for 45 minutes or longer for best benefits)
  • Books (thank goodness for Kindle Freebies!)
  • Getting mail. I prefer happy mail, like cards or letters, but I'll settle for catalogs these days!
  • My daughter's snuggles first thing in the morning
  • Listening to my daughter singing her little heart out
  • OK, almost anything having to do with my daugther
  • Digital Scrap-booking! I actually have a pretty good handle on the album for 2013! So proud of myself.
  • The feeling of accomplishment and pride I feel when I finish my daughter's Halloween costume
  • Wearing jewelry makes me feel pretty
  • Cowboy boots --- gotta get me some new ones!
  • When my husband gets the giggles. 
  • Date night!
  • Spending time with my sisters. This is incredibly rare as one lives in London and the other in California, where I recently moved from.
  • Holding sleeping babies. I sure don't want another of my own, but I do enjoy renting them!
  • A nice, hot shower
  • A nice, hot bath
  • Talking to my dad on the phone
  • Sewing with Mom
  • Flower bulbs like iris (ok, technically a rhizome), daffodils ("daffabulls," according to my darling daughter just a short year or so ago), and tulips.
  • Quality time with friends
There is so much more, but that's a start! What makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment