Sunday, November 10, 2013

Saturday's Blogs of the Week Recap

Oopsies! I was supposed to post this yesterday, but hubs and I were celebrating our anniversary again. He had taken me out on the town before our anniversary, but this weekend he really wanted to cook me a nice dinner. It was fabulous, as always.

Now, for this week's best blog posts!

This one was supposed to make last week's list. I don't know how I missed it! I always turn to Mom Rock Mealtime when it comes time to sit down and plan out the menus for the week. I come up with the recipes, and hubs does the shopping and most of the cooking. I think I got the better end of the deal, that's for sure! Jen, a.k.a. J'Ho, a.k.a my BFF is the author of Mom Rocks Mealtime. You can follow her on Twitter or sign up to receive her weekly, family tested recipes. Whatever you do, do NOT miss this post, Dueling Tuna Steaks!!! The Wasabi-Crusted Tuna will change your life forever, I promise! I haven't had a chance to try out the other Jennifer's (blogger at I'm Dancing In the Rain) tuna recipe, but it's on my to-do list!

Speaking of I'm Dancing in the Rain, Jennifer has another post that really made me pause and think. Check out Medical Preparedness for Kids!  She covers a topic most of us never think about, but really do need to spend some time on!

I discovered these next two blogs over at the Texas Women's Sweet Tea Link of party. My new faves over there this week were by Taylor Brione Ballard  and Michelle at Life on the Horizon. Taylor's post reminds us the importance and beauty of staying true to ourselves, no matter what the "rule book" says. Who wrote the "rules," anyway? Fitness is a big part of my life. Michelle has a 100 miles in 100 days challenge I signed up for. This is in addition to my current fitness regimen.

This post made me grateful that even though I signed up for NaNoWriMo AND NaBloPoMo, I really only ended up going for it with the latter. I'm so glad I did.

Image: Gifrific

Finally, though it is not a blog post, I give it two thumbs up and five starts. I had the privilege this week of reviewing a book that cracked me up to the point of needing oxygen. Nothing will turn a bad day/week/month/year around like a good ol' belly laugh. I highly recommend Monkeys Wearing Pants by Jon Waldrep. It's only $0.99 for 66 pages of the best therapy you can get for that kindda money.













1 comment: